No product in cart
MIFARE Plus EV2 Chips gateway for new Smart City applications and a compelling upgrade, in terms of security and connectivity, for existing deployments.
- Jul 10 2020
- 0 Comment
MIFARE Plus EV2
The MIFARE Plus® product family is designed to be both, a gateway for new Smart City applications as well as a compelling security upgrade for legacy infrastructures. It offers the benefit of a seamless upgrade of existing MIFARE Classic® product-based installations and services with minimum effort. This results into the possibility to issue cards, being fully backwards compatible to MIFARE Classic, into existing system environments prior to infrastructure security upgrades. After the security upgrade, the MIFARE Plus products use AES security for authentication, data integrity and encryption which is based on open, global standards.
As the next generation of NXP’s MIFARE Plus product family, the MIFARE Plus® EV2 IC is designed to be both a gateway for new Smart City applications and a compelling upgrade, in terms of security and connectivity, for existing deployments.
The innovative Security Level (SL) concept, along with the special SL1SL3MixMode feature, allow Smart City services to move from the legacy Crypto1 encryption algorithm to next-level protection. Special features, such as the Transaction Timer or card-generated Transaction MAC, address the need for enhanced security and privacy in Smart City services.
Operating MIFARE Plus EV2 in Security Layer 3 supports the use of NXP’s MIFARE 2GO cloud service, so Smart City services such as mobile transport ticketing and mobile access, can run on NFC-enabled smartphones and wearables.
- Public transportation
- Access management
- Closed-loop micropayment
- Campus and student ID cards
- Loyalty programs
- Innovative Security-Level concept for seamless migration from legacy infrastructures to high-level SL3 security
- Card-generated Transaction MAC on Data and Value Blocks to prove genuineness of transaction towards backend system
- AES 128-bit cryptography for authentication and secure messaging
- Transaction Timer to help mitigate man-in-the-middle attacks
- IC hardware and software certification according to Common Criteria EAL5+
Source: NXP MIFARE