Enhancing cryptographic performance in devices
The MIFARE SAM AV3 raises the bar on flexibility by supporting programmable logic, too, so you can integrate a proprietary algorithm for key diversification or implement a full business flow that executes with just one call. The optional programmable logic feature also allows you to develop your own code while reusing the intrinsic cryptographic functions. To simplify the development of customized logic, NXP® partners offer code development and other services tailored to the MIFARE SAM AV3.
The MIFARE SAM AV3 offers an easy way to add security to all of today’s increasingly important applications, and accelerates the creation of faster, leaner designs.
The efficient X-mode configuration allows for direct communication with selected NXP RF-frontend ICs to achieve higher application performance at a reduced implementation effort. Taken as a whole, the flexibility, and simplicity features of the MIFARE SAM AV3 make it an ideal choice for securing embedded identification systems.
- Supports latest security features of MIFARE DESFire® EV2, MIFARE Plus® EV1, and MIFARE Ultralight® EV1 contactless tag ICs
- Supports NXP’s NTAG DNA, ICODE DNA, and UCODE DNA ICs
- Supports Crypto 1, TDEA (56, 112, 168), AES (128, 192, 256), SHA-1, SHA-225, SHA-256, RSA and ECC
- 128 key entries for symmetric cryptography, 3 key entries for RSA, 8 key entries for ECC asymmetric cryptography and 48 EMV CA keys
- Secure download and storage of keys with flexible key diversification
- Programmable functionality for customized commands and logic
- ISO/IEC 7816 interface with extended baud rates up to 1.5 Mbit/s
- I2C slave host interface (in HVQFN package only)
- X-mode for direct pass-through connection with selected NXP reader IC
- Common Criteria EAL6+ (HW), MIFARE Security Certification (SW), FIPS 140-2 CAVP
- Available in wafer, PCM 1.5 module, or HVQFN32 package