SDK for pcProx® Enroll, pcSwipe, pcProx Sonar, and Wiegand converters.
Software Developer Kits (SDKs) allows independent developers to give their application the ability to read access badge identification information directly off any of the more than 300 million proximity and contactless cards and over 1 billion mag-swipe cards.
It supports the following common platforms:
- Common card platform for all top proximity card vendors: Single SDK allows OEMs to choose card/readers based upon application requirements.
- Indoor/outdoor reader platform: Supports our Wiegand to USB/RS-232 converters, allowing connection to any Wiegand output device.
- USB, RS-232 and Ethernet: Supporting all ports through an easy-to-use DLL interface or a platform independent RS-232 ASCII command protocol.
- pcProx Sonar presence detector.
The SDK is full-featured and easy to integrate. The Kit comes complete with support for pcProx proximity readers, contactless readers, and the pcSwipe magnetic swipe card readers with source codes in .NET, C++ and Visual Basic. All platforms and card formats are supported.
- Security: Create an application logon option or a full-featured desktop security application based on a platform of readers.
- Identification: Identify users for productivity or QA in manufacturing environments as they save records.
- Human resource kiosks: Speed up the human resource process through use of facility access cards.
- Vending applications: Use existing proximity cards for cafeteria applications such as cashless vending point-of-sale cafeteria systems.
- Asset tracking: Identify where key assets are located, lower deployments, and increase utilization.
- Equipment access such as multi-function printers, embedded PLC controllers and other devices.
This SDK supports RF IDeas’ line of Wiegand converters, pcProx 125 kHz & 13.56 MHz readers for iCLASS, Mifare, ISO-15693 vicinity and other 13.56Mhz read-only readers, and pcSwipe readers for mag-stripe cards. Contactless readers read the contactless smart card CSN (card serial number). For iCLASS, the SDK and the reader reads the facility code and ID number stored in Page 0 of HID’s iCLASS card. For mag-stripe cards the reader can be set to read a specific track and/or field within a track.
Using the comprehensive SDK, software developers can now add the ability to read any passive proximity card supported by RF IDeas. Independent applications include IT security, enrollment readers, card verification, single sign-on, employee identification and tracking, time and attendance, and more. The SDK comes complete with source code examples in .NET, C++, VB, as well as a serial ASCII command protocol.
The SDK now includes support for both RS-232 and USB readers. Through a single auto-detecting DLL, you can develop your application so that it has complete support for either RS-232 or USB readers.
* Complete USB support through a DLL file is provided for Windows 98, 2000, XP platform supporting the USB port.
* Complete RS-232c support through a DLL file is provided for DOS, Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, and XP platforms.
* ASCII command protocol interface is provided to support any serial interface.
* All HID, Indala, Motorola, GE Interlogix, Casi-Rusco and Farpointe/Pyramid, EM, Deister, Keri, Kantech, Nexwatch, and AWID proximity card/reader technologies are supported.