Configurable device for reading user data from the memory of contactless smart cards.
pcProx® 13.56 MHz products meet a variety of needs in multiple situations. These products leverage current HID iClass and MIFARE® badge investments and existing control systems while expanding technologies and applications with a single badge solution.
The pcProx® Playback interfaces contactless cards to existing applications and systems without the need to change or update these systems. There is no need to deploy software. The plug-and-play pcProx® Playback reader delivers user data from the contactless card to the desired application or machine. Data may be written to the card using the pcProx® Writer. In many cases, the Playback reader can be configured to read data already on the card. The reader is instantaneously configurable, allowing users to change the location being read on the contactless card. There is no need for pilot tests, training, software updates, technical support, licenses or the hassle of incompatibilities since no software is deployed. This multi-application reader delivers strong benefits to the user: easy plug-and-play, contactless operation, and cost savings.
- Improve organizational workflow
- Eliminate errors associated with individual identification
- Eliminates manual entry
- Customizable to work with any card solution for any size corporation
- Protect and secure sensitive information
- Meets various industry compliance requirements (when used with appropriate application solution)
- Employee familiarity with existing badges
- Supports over 45 different card type technologies
- Enhances investment of single badges
- Expands application selections
- PC/LAN or application log-on
- Time and attendance
- Employee identification
- Mag-stripe and bar-code replacement
- Form filler to existing software applications
- Truck scales
- PLC and embedded controllers
- No software required on server or client
Utilizes a plug-n-play USB, RS-232, or Wiegand output.
- Multi-application solution
Allows for several applications to be stored on a single contactless credential.
Contactless cards offer unique features such as cryptographic data storage, mutual authentication, secure reading/writing of data, and user defined access keys.
- pcProx Playback USB seamlessly interfaces with any system or existing software
Playback reads and sends back as keystrokes. User data provides seamless integration, which can be used for a one or two-factor logon application.
- pcProx Playback RS-232 reader easily interfaces to existing software, PLCs, point-of-sale terminals and other equipment
The Playback Reader sends data as ASCII characters.
- pcProx Playback Wiegand easily outputs data to any device accepting Wiegand data
- Platform independent and versatile
Supports any operating system with USB, Windows® 2000/XP, Citrix®, UNIX®, Linux, Vista, Macintosh, thin clients, and more.
- Medical/Healthcare HIPAA Compliant
When used as a log-on reader
- CJIS Compliant
All pcProx readers are CJIS compliant and designed to keep law enforcement and criminal justice organizations current with compliance requirements
- IP67 Compliant
pcProx and pcProx Plus Surface Mount Only—When the IP67 Surface Mount reader is installed in accordance with the IP67 Surface Mount instructional guide
- HID iCLASS
- Dimensions: 3 3/8” x 2” x 0.6” (8.57 x 5.08 x 1.52cm)
- Weight:0 oz (113.39g)
- Housing Color:Desktop – Black, Pearl; Surface Mount – Black, White
- Mounting Options:Surface mount housing can be easily mounted on panels, kiosks, and other indoor applications. It is designed for mounting with 1” #8 screws only (not included), at a maximum force of 6.25 in/lbs. Desktop reader has an articulated cable for easy placement on desktops, counters, and more. The IP67 compliant readers must be installed according to the installation guide (enclosed with all units).
- Cable Length:6”, 16” & 60” (Custom Lengths Available. Call our Sales department at (866) 439-4884)
- Indicators:Tri-state LED, dual tone beeper
- Power Supply: USB Self-powered; PoE; Serial RS-232: several power options exist
- Interface:USB, Serial RS-232, Ethernet
Typical maximum read range:
2.0” – 4.0” (5.0 – 10.0 cm) with PVC ID cards
1.0” – 1.5” (2.5 – 3.8 cm) with key fobs
Dimensions: 3 3/8” x 2” x 0.6” (Models with RDR in part number only) 4.2” x 2.5” x 0.875” (10.6 x 6.35 x 2.2 cm)
Weight: 4.0 oz (113.39g)
Power requirements and interface:
- Nominal input: 5 Vdc
- USB Model: via USB cable
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- RS-232 model: via a pass-thru PS/2 connector or power supply adapter
Indicators: Tri-state LED, beeper
Transmit frequency: 13.56 MHz
Operating temperature range: -22° to 150°F (-30° to 65°C)
Operating humidity range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
Certifications: FCC, CE, C-tic, RoHS
- Certifications:FCC, United States; CE Mark, Europe; C-TICK, RoHS, Industry Canada, UL
- Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects.
Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects;
The security, reliability and convenience of proximity identification and/or access are available in a self-contained electronic modules with all the same features as the housed version. The only difference is they can be purchased with the housing back or no housing at all. The OEM version of the pcProx 13.56 MHz module is perfect those 3rd party manufacturers or customers who want to integrate the proximity technology into their standard offerings. Some typical applications include, but not limited to, time & attendance, access control, kiosk-driven applications, and embedded controllers to name a few.
Types of mountings
The back only mounting pictured below is comprised of the board and a back housing.
If you require a mounting kit please use the pcProx bracket kit – PN: KT-SHBKT.
Please refer to the Mechanical PCB document for board specifications.
How to create a part number
When creating a part number for ordering an OEM product please refer to the part number chart under the Part Numbers Tab above. Select your model and then replace the third digit in the sequence to L for a lower bottom housing and N for no housing (bare board). All the readers come with a standard 6 foot cable so add -C06 to the end. Refer to the (Example) chart below.
|HID (bare board)||RDR-60N1APU-C06||RDR-60N1AP2-C06|
|HID (Bottom only)||RDR-60B1APU-C06||RDR-60B1AK2-C06|