Desktop reader/writer for HID iCLASS and MIFARE® contactless smart cards.
The pcProx® 13.56 MHz product line meets a variety of needs in multiple situations. The products leverage current badge investments and existing control systems while expanding technologies and applications with a single badge solution.
The pcProx® Writer easily plugs into a computer and offers the user the ability to write to contactless cards via the included software (pcProx® Card Manager) or with the optional Software Developer Kit (SDK). The pcProx® Writer enables a variety of applications.
- Point-of-sale terminals
- Equipment and material checkout
- Loyalty and membership programs
- Writes to any application area on the iCLASS or MIFARE® (contactless cards) and allows users to set their own keys
- When used with contactless cards, labels or tags, pcProx® Writer offers security features such as RF data encryptions and mutual authentication using user defined, unique keys
Complies with industry standards: Uses advanced semiconductor technology based on 13.56 MHz frequency to comply with numerous ISO standards. Readers can read data from cards compliant with the following standards: ISO 14443 & ISO 15693: read/write iCLASS, MIFARE.
Security: 13.56 MHz contactless cards offer unique features, such as cryptographic data storage, mutual authentication, secure reading/writing of data, and user defined access keys.
Time and money savings: Allows users to leverage existing access control systems, while upgrading to new applications and technologies. Eliminates the need for training, printing, and card costs by using just one card.
Easy integration of iCLASS and MIFARE products: The SDK kit includes several high level commands, which allows third-party developers to set up iCLASS and MIFARE products quickly. Commands include the following:
- Connect (automatically find/connect to our USB or RS-232 pcProx Writers)
- Find free page/sector
- Fill page (with data)
- Erase page (making it free for other applications)
- Read from card or write data to card (specific block)
- Load key(s) in reader
- Write key to card
Typical maximum read range:
2.0” – 4.0” (5.0 – 10.0 cm) with PVC ID cards
1.0” – 1.5” (2.5 – 3.8 cm) with key fobs
1.0” – 1.5” (2.5 – 3.8 cm) with labels or tags
Dimensions: 3.4” x 2.0” x 0.6”
Weight: 4.0 oz (113.39g)
- Nominal input: 5 Vdc
- USB Model: via USB cable
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- RS-232 model: via a pass-thru PS/2 connector or power supply adapter
Notifications: Tri-state LED, beeper
Transmit frequency: 13.56 MHz
Operating temperature range: -31° to 150°F (-35° to 65°C)
Operating humidity range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
Certifications: FCC, CE, C-tic, RoHS
Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects.